Valerie Lugonja began the Canadian Food Experience Project on June 7, 2013. On the 7th of each month, participants in the year-long Canadian Food Project share their collective stories across the vastness of our Canadian landscape through our regional food experiences. As I personally think Canadians do have a food identity, the hope of the project is that we will bring clarity to our Canadian culinary identity through the cadence of our concerted Canadian voice. I strongly encourage you to participate by visiting the many other great voices and websites out there.
My Own Posted Articles in the Project:
- June 2013: The Shore Lunch … My First Authentic Canadian Food Experience
- July 2013: A Regional Canadian Food: (identify your region)
- August 2013: My Canadian Food Hero
- September 2013: My Cherished Canadian Recipe … My Grandma’s Soup
- October 2013: Preserving: Our Canadian Food Tradition
- November 2013: Harvesting an Identity
- December 2013: An Untraditional Canadian Christmas: Vegetarian Tourtière
- January 2014: Inspired by Tradition but Proudly Ourself: A Canadian Resolution
- February 2014: My Canadian Love Affair
- March 2014: All Things Home ~ All Things Ottawa (Poutine)
- April 2014: A Canadian Farmer or Producer
- May 2014: The Canadian Garden
- June 2014: Identifying My Canadian Voice
Postscript: Also, a special thank you to Marie-Josée Martin for sharing the project with me, to all those contributing, to you for reading about it, and especially to Valerie for the considerable time and effort — not to mention, passion — to create and maintain the project.